Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 23 reviews

This week I reviewed a game called Adventure Island, which was essentially teaching kids how to use map skills. I really enjoyed the game and think kids would really get into the timed exercise. It had lots of information about map symbols and also how to identify symbols using a map key, so it would be a great tool for Social Studies.

The other resource I reviewed is from studyzone.com, called "Identify the Main Idea." This was more like a little mini quiz to test comprehension of the main idea, and it gave several paragraphs to read and click the main idea for each paragraph. It would be a great activity for those students who struggle with grasping the main idea of a paragraph, to give them extra practice picking it out. I would definitely use this in my future classroom to follow a minilesson for those struggling with comprehension skills in English Language Arts and Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment