Friday, February 10, 2012

Article from EDcompass Magazine

Attention all teachers! I read the article entitled "The Magic of a SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard in Kindergarten" from the EDcompass magazine, and it was incredibly informative about the various uses and applications of the SMART Board in the classroom. Some of the activities she mentions include " using it for the morning message, the calendar or the daily poetry reading, graphing favorite colors or reviewing alphabet letters and sounds, and watching Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I have a dream” speech." There are so many uses of the SMART Board and she explains how this generation is fascinated by and familiar with digital resources, so why not harness that magical spirit and grab their attention with things they like to do? They get just as much, if not more, from doing subtraction problems interactively on the SMART Board as they do sitting at their desks with a worksheet, because they are more engaged with the SMART Board. I want to use the SMART Board as much as possible in my room, so I encourage teachers to read up on the capabilities and applications of the SMART Board, because I definitely don't know enough about them yet to integrate them into most of my lessons. They will be a great tool to catch students' attention and engage learning through technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment