Wednesday, February 15, 2012

PhET link review

The PhET site I was assigned to review was an interactive Circuit Construction Kit. Students could use this to
  • Discuss basic electricity relationships.
  • Build circuits from schematic drawings.
  • Use an ammeter and voltmeter to take readings in circuits.
  • Provide reasoning to explain the measurements and relationships in circuits.
  • Discuss basic electricity relationships in series and parallel circuits.
  • Provide reasoning to explain the measurements in circuits.
I found the information and concepts to be way too far above an elementary students' head, but this site might be great for highschool or middleschool. I was even a bit confused myself with what to do with the interactive game/activity, because there are no explanations for what you are building or anything. So if I couldn't understand it, my early childhood students would definitely struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment