Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SMART Exchange Reviews


 
This resource is a game that allows kindergarteners to explore colors in their mathematics lessons. The resource didn’t have very much information about how it works, so I was left confused about what it does exactly or how I would apply it in the classroom.

 
“This colorful, interactive morning calendar teacher basic calendar skills, as well as weather, attendance, patterning, graphing, weather, number words, shape recognition, addition, and place value. All pages include pull down instruction tabs and are easy to modify.” I would use this every morning for my classroom because it includes almost everything a kindergarten class covers in math and science, and is easy to use according to the description.


“This is an activity that came after a lesson on three types of weather (Sunny/Hot - Rainy - Snowy). Using the dual-page mode, students roll the dice and then drag the appropriate clothing from the left hand side of the page to the right in order to dress up the bear. All objects were drawn by hand and made for this activity.” I love this game for kindergartners! I would definitely use this interactive activity to teach and help informally assess my students on their knowledge of weather and its implications for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment