Friday, March 16, 2012

Super Book Resource Review: Answer Garden

For my SuperBook resource, I chose the Elementary-minded resource called Answer Garden. This resource is great for group projects, student collaboration, or web discussions. A teacher can post a question and students easily enter their answer without having to sign up or register for anything. The teacher simply gives the web address and the students click on it and enter their answer as easy as 1-2-3! An even cooler feature is that as students fill up the garden with their answers, words that are repeated (not just articles, but topic words) grow larger to show commonalities between answers! A problem that occurred however, was when I went onto Answer Garden to create my own garden, I typed in my question/topic and a page popped up saying a problem occurred, so I wasn't able to create my garden. I'll try again another day because maybe the server was just down today. So overall, the site sounds great, pretty similar to the post-it notes site our class played with earlier in the year, but with more perks, and it seems more complex. I think elementary students would love using this tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment